Music Banter - View Single Post - Horror Film Tournament
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Well the way I ran it on the other site is set up like a March Madness bracket, not sure how familiar Brits are with it but it's just single elimination, looks like this:

So that it would end with crowning one film as MB's favorite horror film basically. And yeah, we'd probably have to stick to the more well known films (though somewhat underground titles like Cannibal Holocaust could make it in) so that there are actually enough people that have seen them to vote on.

Like I said, I'm not sure it'd work since this community is so much smaller. On the other site, I did 64 films for a complete bracket. Here, because I can't be running multiple matchups at a time, it'd probably have to be 32 unless we want to be doing it for 4 months straight.

And I'm always open to horror film suggestions. I have much to see so I'm all ears.
Cannibal Holocaust is positively mainstream to the delights we have for you and if you haven't seen the films then you would love the stuff we will throw at you!

I may have to count myself out of this though because of this. No Pete Walker, Jake West, Mario Bava, Dario Argento or Lucio Fulci in the first place means that it would be too mainstream for me but good luck

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote