Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #1687 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
American Horror Story.

Blew through season one in just a few nights; no small feat considering my horrible work schedule. It's very good, but not quite the brilliance I'd hoped for based on my friend's emphatic demands I watch it.

Jessica Lange makes the show. The fellow who plays Tate is good, but Jessica Lange as Constance is the soul of season one. She's absolutely brilliant. The show gets corny upon occasion, a few of the "twists" are easy to see coming, but it's ultimately enjoyable and worth watching.

And again: Jesus Christ, Jessica Lange is fantastic in this show. Research last night showed me that she's earned an Emmy and a Golden Globe for her performance as Constance, and all I can say is that it's well-deserved.

She made a horrible, disgusting human being hold some shreds of humanity, have some manner of compassion and present herself as a full, well-rounded human being. VERY few people could have pulled that off as well as Ms. Lange did.
I've been watching this show and agree jessica lange is the only person on the show who know's what shes doing. The guy who plays tate just randomly gets loud when trying to convey emotion, its a good thing so far the show has mostly just asked him to be "zoned out". Still pretty cool, its on netflix so of course im gonna watch it.
The presentation of the story is pretty neat and bounces all over which is good because it quickly doesnt make that much sense if you think about it for too long. The maid in young form is a sexy senorita
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote