Music Banter - View Single Post - What Prizes Should I Offer For My Music Contest?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
trevorlyman
Groupie

Default What Prizes Should I Offer For My Music Contest?

I've got a site that I am looking to relaunch either this month or next month. Basically, each month (and maybe each week once this gets going) I'll put up a new group of musicians on the site who will compete against each other for the top positions in our music chart. As you can see on the site I've got it so everyone is ordered in a chart by number Facebook likes for their page. At the end of the month, the top ten or twenty artists will all win a prize.

Currently I have one prize to offer and that is promotion. The mailing list for this site is pretty big. I've basically been letting the list grow over time until I found time to get working on this site again. So all of the winners will be sent out to the list of over one hundred thousand people - which is a pretty good prize in terms of promotion.

I want to have some additional prizes to keep things interesting and so I wanted to ask you guys what you would like to see for prizes? What would make you want to participate in this contest?

Thanks for your feedback.
trevorlyman is offline   Reply With Quote