Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Blue Da Ba Dee
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Sorry, it's a British expression that kinda means "Come on, you can't be serious", to me at least.
Listening to it on YouTube right now, but no, I don't know it. It's possible that I've heard it somewhere before but it's not something I recognized after listening to it. It looks like it was more popular in Europe than it was here though, and it came out at a time when I would have had virtually no exposure to music like this. In 1999 I didn't watch MTV, didn't listen to top 40, didn't go to clubs, and was going to art school where I was surrounded by other people who also didn't watch MTV, didn't listen to top 40 and didn't go to clubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
You must have been living under a rock in the 90's! Even I remember this song and I was only like 7 or 8 when it came out.
Or maybe it's just something college kids weren't listening to. I'm sure there's some crappy pop music I remember from when I was 6 or 7 that people 15 years older than me have no recollection of.

I'd be interested to know if other Americans my age (like Bob, Sidewinder or Engine) are familiar with this song or not.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote