Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Blue Da Ba Dee
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
No doubt I was wasting my time back then listening to nonsense like Swans, Godflesh, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs and Trans Am when I could have been listening to the genius that is Eiffel 65.
Ha! I definitely don't remember ever hearing that song. But, like you, I wasn't ever in a situation where I would have. No bars, parties, friends, or casual acquaintances of mine at the time would have paid any attention to that, and I didn't listen to any top 40 radio. I have a vague recollection of knowing the name Eiffel 65 and I think that's because I saw their CDs in stores (probably in the used bins).

Although the first iteration of the chorus sounds familiar. Maybe that's because it's so generic, or maybe it was sampled in some hip-hop or something. None of the rest of the song rings a bell at all.

I did play Oddworld though, and it looks like they based the blue character in the video on that.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Or maybe it's just something college kids weren't listening to. I'm sure there's some crappy pop music I remember from when I was 6 or 7 that people 15 years older than me have no recollection of.
I'd be utterly shocked if anybody here has ever forgetten the sensational hooks and bodyrocking rhythms of Sexy Eyes by Dr. Hook. It was crazy popular in '79-'80.

Last edited by Engine; 12-12-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote