Music Banter - View Single Post - A piano question. Opinions strongly welcomed.
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
silverneccho
Groupie

Thank you nariette! Singing in elementary is a great boost for anyone. I remember we had concerts for every holiday. Forgive me for going down memory lane but I remember when I was seven our school was about to start the christmas concert. The night of the performance I lost my voice from practicing and probably ingested a whole bag of fisherman's throat lozenges. In the end I came through but it struck me that I was so passionate about it all. I remember crying because I had lost my voice.

I went through my voice change when I was 14 or 15. Most boys my age were happy to have had their voice change. I was pissed and my voice teacher was bummed. I thank God that he gave me a tenor voice style. I carried the soprano before the change in my voice and with a voice teacher, even as a tenor my range was massive. I remember surprising a group of sopranos in my high school choral group when I would belt out their parts after class for fun. My only regret is that I could not convince my mother, a lady who saw satan behind every door, to allow me to try out for American Idol.

I guess I asked the question because I was worried that by giving up on piano as a child that I had potentially set up a block for learning in the future.
silverneccho is offline   Reply With Quote