Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #10772 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Those FM transmitters suck. The sound is terrible, tinny, and full of static especially in the city, and I have a decent sound system in my car. Luckily my car has both a CD player and a cassette deck (yeah, just when CD players were becoming available in cars... 2001), so I bought a cassette adapter to plug in the headphone jack of my iPhone. Sounds great!
My new car doesn't have a tape deck Although I always hated how much the sound quality dropped whenever I used one of those with my Zune a few years ago. I had to practically have the volume on the stereo cranked with the volume of the MP3 player at halfway otherwise it would start to distort. In the summer of '09 I actually destroyed my passenger side speaker because I was listening to Kyuss at too high a volume while driving through some desert in California.

As for FM transmitters, yes they do suck but Reno doesn't have a lot of tall builds that block the radio signals. So long as I don't drive too close to the airport they tend to work, I just hate how all the ones I can pick up today at Best Buy all have shit reviews, while all the decently reviewed ones are online only, and brick and mortar retailers are wondering why they continue to loose out to online retailers.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote