Music Banter - View Single Post - duga's Top 25 Albums of 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Thanks, guys...I hope everyone finds an album or two they didn't think of listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Hopefully no Frank Ocean, but I can't wait to get Spotify Premium for Christmas
This may be me selling out, but Spotify is the best 10 bucks I spend every month. I'm constantly amazed at the library of music they have. There are some key hold outs (notable Pink Floyd...when I get into a Pink Floyd mood and I can't listen to them, people better stay out of my way) but for the most part they don't disappoint.

And I really liked the Frank Ocean album, but alas, it did not make my top 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I really need to give the new Swans album a listen. I also agree with your assessment of the Oddisee album, it is very relaxed and something good to put on at the end of a hard day; and now I want apple pie.
Did you like any other Swans albums? If you did, you are sure to enjoy the Seer...it really is everything good about the last 20 years boiled into one album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
I only listened to Beach House once and, while it was fine, proved pretty forgettable for me. I have only listened to Swans latest once too but I dig that. I might have to check out the shoegaze albums.

Really looking forward to the rest of this, duga.
I find a lot of people feel that way about the Beach House album, but there is just something very hypnotic and appealing about their music to me. And I do highly recommend that Tamaryn album along with their debut the Waves. Syncopation and counterpoint are key to keeping a shoegaze album interesting, and Rex really knows what he is doing.