Music Banter - View Single Post - N64 vs. PSX
Thread: N64 vs. PSX
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I think Sony will knock it out of the park again with the PS4. PS2 and 3 were both ahead of Microsoft and Nintendo at the time if you ask me. Microsoft **** the bed having an add on dealio for dvds. Nintendo as much as I always enjoyed it is a totally different market then Sony in the big picture. PS3 was also 3d tv compatible from its inception which added a luster that none of the other decks even attempted. I think now its just a matter of which deck you want to own, they're all seemingly a match less the controllers.
Sony makes good hardware, absolutely, but in terms of software are lagging. The playstation online service is still years behind in terms of functionality and social features. You look at the top selling western games and they are all online first person shooters, which makes it social gaming a key priority going forward.

A lot of the things that made the ps3 too expensive for the average consumer are things that are going to be obsolete by the next console period, 3d tv, blue ray, etc.

Sony drastically needs a new controller, they've been running with the same one for like 15 years now.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote