Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #1640 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Upto Page 140:

Iron Maiden- Nice background and also hearing something about your family when you bought this album. Those albums especially of our teenage years always seem to have a special place that a lot of future albums might not have. Hence my love for numerous AOR albums that I was listening to in my teenage years.

As for the album, it's such a monolith in the history of metal and may well be the first album that anybody getting into metal for the first time should listen to.

Def Leppard- I've always had a soft spot for this album and it's a classic of its time. Along with British Steel this may be the best pop metal album ever written.

Despite the fact that we tend to like a lot of the same bands, we also tend to disagree with what their best albums and songs are. But have to say "Die Hard the Hunter" might well be the stand out track on the album.

Mutt Lange was probably the most revered producer around at the time and he was notorious for putting band's through their paces to get that perfect cut. I remember reading how the Cars complained about his ideas of perfection on Heartbeat City.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote