Music Banter - View Single Post - Goofle11's Top 25 Albums of 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Great stuff, I look forward to the rest. You seem to have a great taste in music which is just far enough removed from mine that I'm hoping to find some gems in here. Like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
No. 24

Amerigo Gazaway - Bizarre Tribe: A Quest To The Pharcyde

This is a controversial choice as it is more of a mashup than an actual album, but who cares? I fucking love it. How to explain it... so you have Tribe production mixed together with Pharcyde verses, or you have Pharcyde production mixed with Tribe verses. If that doesn't sound appealing to you, there's no point checking it out as it does exactly what it says on the tin.
This. This sounds like something I would absolutely love. I need to check this out immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
No. 22

Swans - The Seer

Right, this album is a monster. It's ferocious and has the most perfect album art of the year without any doubt. Whilst I will admit to having only listened to around four or five other Swans albums beside this (with Soundtracks for the Blind occupying my "favourite spot") I feel well versed on the aesthetic expected when coming into one of their records. Gira nailed it yet again. Probably the most dense album I have ever listened to. There are three 19+ minute tracks (which are all amazing) laced with nuggets of godly bliss. My only issue is the length to be honest. I cannot sit through this without cutting it up with other albums in between but individually, every song is awesome.
That's basically exactly how I feel about this album...it's long with nuggets of bliss. I can get through one disc in a sitting, but definitely not both.