Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #12592 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

It's about 20 years since I first read The Hobbit. Now, today, I'm just home from watching Peter Jackson's The Hobbit movie. I have to say I liked it, a lot I was hoping to experience some of that movie magic from when I first saw the LOTR trilogy in cinemas and for me, that happened again tonight. The movie is lighter in tone and more fantastic and glossy, but from what I remember from reading The Hobbit, it seems appropriate. The book had a much different tone compared to the Lord of the Rings trilogy which came later so it makes sense that the movie does too.

Before watching it, I read a review from someone who thought it was too drawn out, meticulous and boring. Normally when they make movies from books, people complain that the movies are not detailed enough. This time it seems some think too much of the book got in. I guess there's no pleasing some people. Either way, they must have horrible attention span if they thought it was boring, because I wasn't bored for a second and thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish, even if the non-stop action got a bit chaotic towards the end.

Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited by Guybrush; 12-14-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote