Music Banter - View Single Post - 12 For '12: Anteater's Top Albums Of 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Default 12 For '12: Anteater's Top Albums Of 2012 (And More!)

Happy Holidays to all the silly bastards here at MB. Hearken: a poem for thee-

I got me a list.
Not double checkin' it twice.
But breathe a sigh of relief....
There's no Vanilla Ice.
Or Damien Rice.

And so it begins!

12. Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't

From the man who knows hustlin' better than you, me, and the rest of humanity combined comes an LP opus that's so stupidly grandiose yet so ridiculously golden (no pun intended) in its socio-economic ambitions that you can't help but wonder: did the 90's ever really die, or has the age of nostalgia finally gotten caught in a loop that even America's greatest Eagle Scout will be unable to untangle us from as the years go on?

But I digress: Rick Ross knows how to get a party started, and this was 2012's go-to record for coked-up commentary concept album jibberjabber, souped up against some of the best goddamned production/sampling the West Coast hotshots have to offer (AKA The Justice League). I mean, listen to dat smooth sax on album centerpiece 'Sixteen' or Usher's uncharacteristically well-placed croon that graces the radio-friendly 'Touch N' You'. I'm no hip-hop connoisseur, but I know craft when I hear it ladies and gents, and it marks an honest-to-God evolution sonically for one of the world's funniest living-n'-breathing oxymorons. Dig it!

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 01-20-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote