Music Banter - View Single Post - Why Weezer WHY!?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Not sure if this thread is in the right section or not..

i would like to get you guys opinion on the Band Weezer cause this band broke my heart
i had their first album which was great!
That whole album is good, you can even see traces of that Emo punk bands fad that were popular for a little while, Bands like Dashboard confessional, yellow card, All american rejects..

That type of whiny Emo singing, Rivers sang kinda like that. (Btw i hate all those bands i mentioned)

i loved that album though, at the time i thought they were like a Nirvana Pixies combination but yet with their own style.

their next album 'Pinkerton' was not bad, but nothing too memorable
their Next album was better, but it was more commercial and while the songs were catchy they were total people pleasers,, you could tell they wanted "Hits" not songs

their next album i didn't get BUT THEN THE NEXT ALBUM had 'Beverlly Hills"

it was then i decided "IM DONE WITH WEEZER!"

What the hell happened to them!?
I sympathize. I also have loved their first album since it was released. Even back then people made fun of me for it because Weezer weren't all that cool according to the people I knew.

I had a few close friends who understood though, and we all saw them live on their first tour and learned to play My Name is Jonas together because it was the only pop rock song I could play all the way through on guitar. I'll always love that first album.

Pinkerton is commonly known as their "best" work but I disagree. It's a fine album but it doesn't have the serious/sarcastic feel of their first one. Also, the big heavy, easy to play riffs were gone. After Pinkerton they were just another shitty band that I had no interest in.

Although, for vktr's sake I will say that I like the two singles on their Green album, Island in the Sun and HashPipe.

Anyway, what happened? I have no idea. They (especially River) seem fairly serious about their music. I really can't say why they became such a horrible, forgettable band.