Music Banter - View Single Post - Does drunkenness expose a person for who they really are?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrycaaant View Post
I believe the thoughts are almost entirely genuine. Even if they're deeprooted in the subconscious one may not be aware of them, or perhaps it's just an outpouring of a particular emotion, i.e. pent-up anger, self loathing, depression even down to lust.

That may explain why certain people act negatively with alcohol, a build of suppressed emotion which is no longer under self management.
If you act kindly, honestly and within the law whilst drunk I can't see there being much case for you being an ******* whilst sober.
I like to think that as well, even though there's a point of partiality holding me back since most people that know me personally classify me as a nice and selfless drunk. I'm not the kind to start fights or take advantage of women, and this would encourage that train of thought in my mind.

But this is of course where it falls upon science to prove whether alcohol exposes us for our biological selves? How can we be sure if we don't have an untainted case example to compare against? We don't, except pure speculation. Everyone is exposed to the moralities and normalities of society on some level, so it's hard to extract what's 'natural' from what's been influenced by the environment.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote