Music Banter - View Single Post - Children killed in Connecticut school shooting (likely 27 dead,including 18 children)
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #44 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
This is American arrogance at its finest. What makes you think anyone deserves to have a gun? Because it's in the constitution? This is a device designed to kill people. If we are talking personal protection, there are plenty of effective non lethal alternatives these days.

I really apologize if this comes off like I'm attacking you...I'm not calling you arrogant, just the idea itself. I just really can't help feeling empathy for all these people anytime something like this happens...it really pisses me off just because of how pointless it all is.
I think I deserve to own a gun because I went through extensive gun classes and training to learn the proper use and maintaining of my weapon. I look at my weapon as a recreational hobby that is designed to kill people. So I would be safe if a criminal breaks into my house with a gun and I pull out a knife?

I don't take it as an attack just probing me for answers and its perfectly fine. I think its pointless and enraging also. I still will always side with my right as a citizen to bear arms, albeit I have never had to.