Music Banter - View Single Post - Children killed in Connecticut school shooting (likely 27 dead,including 18 children)
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #47 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I think I deserve to own a gun because I went through extensive gun classes and training to learn the proper use and maintaining of my weapon. I look at my weapon as a recreational hobby that is designed to kill people. So I would be safe if a criminal breaks into my house and I pull out a knife?

I don't take it as an attack just probing me for answers and its perfectly fine. I think its pointless and enraging also. I still will always side with my right as a citizen to bear arms, albeit I have never had to.
Well, I'll lay off since you don't want to talk about it anymore. There are few issues in the world that get me heated, and this is one of them.

I don't look down or judge anyone who is responsible and owns a gun. A lot of my friends (and family members, for that matter) own guns. In my eyes, not having a gun would simply be a reasonable sacrifice if it meant preventing a shooting like this. As we've all agreed, banning guns wouldn't get rid of guns. But we do have to start somewhere.