Music Banter - View Single Post - Why Weezer WHY!?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Why bother when it's a band not worth talking in depth about? The thread asked what happened to them, so people who either like them or hate them can express that in any way they choose. If it's a band I don't like, I don't go out of my way to look things up about the band because there isn't much point.
I don't get this argument. Why would you need to look anything up to say why you don't like a band? You've listened to them. You've formed that opinion based on something. If you're going to take the time to say "They suck", then why wouldn't you say "They suck because x", even if x is some trivial little thing? Hell, it could have been "I can't listen to a man with a bad beard" and it would have lent not only a talking point to the discussion, but also some little weight to your position. Something could have grown out of that at least.

Thats all the difference I'm talking about. Give people a chance to talk to you about your opinion. Be involved in a discussion, or at least give people something to discuss amongst themselves.

To just drop into a thread about any artist, or band, or film etc, and offer nothing but "This sucks" seems to me to miss the point of weighing in on a discussion in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote