Music Banter - View Single Post - Mod Idol 2013
Thread: Mod Idol 2013
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #69 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Big3 is extremely correct on this one.
I'm in that slump right now, but it's mostly because I'm living my real life job almost 24/7 and everything else is sorta becoming peripheral. The good thing about a mod position here is that you can do that and it won't be held against you. Consider the fact that Satchmo is still a mod here and I haven't personally seen him mod anything in over a month, and that's being generous. I'm not just calling him a sacred cow (he totally is), I'm just saying that the staff members place a moderator's value above their output first and foremost.
The positive note is that new mods invariably equal new motivation and new ideas, and the current mods are stimulated by any sort of food on the table and will definitely stir up and contribute to administrative discussions as they arrive.

With that said, it's a flexible position. Really, the main requirement is that the candidate be "right" for the position, and not so much "always available to fulfill the duties of the position".

Of course, being right for a position you never attend to has its obvious disqualifications, but we don't keep a time-sheet or anything.
Didn't sleepy jack get the boot from his moderator position for not doing ****? That's what he told me and I think he was pretty upset with a certain mod for it.