Music Banter - View Single Post - Slipknot much better than all
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #53 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
You mean heavy/thrash/death/black metalheads? They hate the whole world and themselves, but that doesn't have anything to do with SlipKnot.
But how do you know that? A lot of metalheads that I've known throughout college and various other places are really cool people who love their life and don't judge others. Granted I've met plenty of metalheads as well who were cunts but not enough to make me come to the conclusion that all metalheads are dicks who hate the world and themselves. I'm not a metalhead and I've never considered myself as one, but I still like most metal genres apart from a few exceptions.

The thing with Slipknot is that their fanbase tends to be younger, have raging hormones and have less experience with metal, at least from my experience anyway. Not that that's particularly a bad thing by the way as they are sort of like a gateway band to better metal bands. During my time in school I've seen plenty of friends get into bands like Slipknot, Korn etc. and then eventually move onto somewhat better stuff like Slayer, Sepultura and Machine Head, and then onto better stuff again.

You've got to be more open-minded about these things and stop judging others by what they listen to. You might even find yourself liking music that you've previously turned your nose up at because of the type of people that listen to it. By all means there's some great metal bands out there that are well worth your time, some that have even had an influence on Slipknot, don't let the impression of others stop you.