Music Banter - View Single Post - Slipknot much better than all
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #71 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
I sincerely apologize for overlooking your post, its one of quality, normal posts here, without too much hate or bull****.

I've met too many narrow-minded *******s from fanbases of mentioned genres.

I don't like emo culture, but I'm never going to be rude to them or hate them, you know why? Because they keep their music to themselves and don't go around judging and annoying others thinking they have the right to tell others what is good music and what isn't. Too many fans of certain metal genres(classic rock too) do that, which is VERY annoying.

Its odd that you say I'll move on to those bands cause one other guy I met said the same thing. I'm still young(17y) and I've had a talk with one of rare nice metalheads and he too said that I'll eventually move on to other, more extreme metal genres and that Nu is just an introduction to metal. I don't think that's gonna happen though, only Nu Metal bands that I got bored of are Linkin Park, and they are the first Nu Metal band I heard.
You know, I originally took you for another troll, but I now recognize you as sincere.

I know it's impossible to see, but you're only 17. I'm only 20. In the last three years, I have grown and my mind has expanded in ways I didn't even know possible. You are still young, and most of the people you know are (probably) about your age. Keep in mind that at 17, everyone is a caricature. Metalheads are are tr00, jocks are all bullies, emos are all depressed, rap fans are all gang members, etc. etc. etc. Everyone is trying to fit into whatever preconceived stereotype they have been put into, for fear of retribution if they get out.

I know plenty of metalheads that are my age or older, including many on this very site. The same people that are listening to deathgrind or black metal are also friendly, approachable, kindhearted human beings. Not only that, but they are accepting of a wide variety of genres. Many of them still don't like nu metal, but that's not from having closed minds, it's from frequently listening to really, really good metal of other sorts and recognizing that most (though not all) nu metal has rather sub par song writing, and was a cash-grab, for the most part.

On that note, I never thought I would ever, ever, ever get into extreme metal of any sort, and just stick with my old school heavy metal forever, but I've been proven wrong. Never say never, if you have an open mind, eventually you may be proven wrong... and you'll like it.

So long story short, not all metalheads are *******s. The ones that are have closed minds. Don't be like them, stay open to new stuff, even the stuff that THEY like.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)