Music Banter - View Single Post - Need a little help.
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
shallyb610
Groupie

Default Need a little help.

I've been playing guitar and piano/keyboard for a long time. I taught myself both, so it kind of took a really long time. And when it came to recording, I would just use my keyboard, overlay everything, and save it to an internal memory. From there, I'd record the finished product onto a loop pedal, which would then be plugged into my computer, blah, blah blah.

Quite simply, it takes way too long, and it's a little frustrating. I can't just click around and fix mistakes, instead I'd have to record a track all over again.

As for my guitar, I've never been able to record anything. I play classical and acoustic mostly, and my Dean is acoustic/electric.

So basically I just want to know the items required to record clean sound onto my computer directly. For example, with a program such as Reaper. I know I need a midi cable, but what else? What kind of audio devices am I looking for?

I'm the kind of person who picks things up, and then drops them. I taught myself how to play, but I never went further. I play my own songs all the time, and I can pick up a song in a snap. I just don't know anything about the technical side of music. So really, anything would help!
shallyb610 is offline   Reply With Quote