Music Banter - View Single Post - Slipknot much better than all
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #86 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
I know, but why did you get hurt then if you don't listen to Dying Fetus?

And there is even worse songs than that IMO. I once heard something from Cannibal Corpse, song is called "Slaughter Everybody" or "Make all suffer", you know, classic song title for such a sophisticated genre LOL.

So you got nothing against Nu Metal? Hmmm... "nu metal has rather sub par song writing, and was a cash-grab", yep, I can feel the respect.
I wasn't hurt, I was annoyed that you pretty much compared every non-nu metal band to Dying Fetus.

Also, I don't listen to Cannibal Corpse, either (though I do believe I posted one of their songs to the OP when he asked for bands more brutal than Slipknot).

And yeah, I stand by that statement. I don't have anything against nu metal, but yeah, the genre typically has sub par (as in, generic, cookie-cutter copies of one another) songwriting, and yes, it was mostly a cash grab. It was one of the biggest genres of the early 2000's, I can assure you that most of the bands playing nu metal were in it for the money.

Does all that mean I hate nu metal? No, but it does mean that it's a pop genre designed for kids! That's not a bad thing, but it's kind of just the way it is.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)