Music Banter - View Single Post - Idea: Open Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Key

There are just a few things that i've thought about with this idea, because I do think it's a great idea, although it's risen some concerns:
  • If such a thread is made, there is the issue that people will start to focus more on this type of journal than their own.
  • Doubling the content could be another issue that arises. Someone could post in this journal than post the same exact thing in their own journal, it would make for a lot of multiple posts.
  • The way this journal sounds, it seems like it'd be a free for all topic wise, which is sort of the opposite that people like to perform in their own journals. If that is the case, it seems like it'd be a messy / scrambled looking journal with people's content that doesn't even relate to each other.
  • Which brings me to my last point, discussion. I'm not sure what type of discussion this type of thing would rise since it would be in the journal section, and all the post would have to be looked at and approved. You would have no way of knowing if your response has been talked about already, which sort of relates to my multiple content issue.

Obviously, I think it could work, but it seems like the demand for such a thing is very minimal in relation to how active the journals have been lately. People like the free will of putting whatever they want in their own journal, i'm not sure creating a journal to put all the content in one place would really help in the long run. Just my two cents.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote