Music Banter - View Single Post - Slipknot much better than all
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #100 (permalink)
MyName
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
Are you disoriented? What makes Slipknot better than Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and all the other REAL heavy metal bands? A real metalhead would never have placed a nu-influenced band over the previously mentioned ones. By the way, that song called "Snuff" doesn't really seem brutal. Stop listening to pop metal for a minute, reconsider your taste in music, and then decide if you still want to listen to Slipknot. Slipknot is an alright band, compared to others, but I was deeply offended by your post saying they are better than Iron Maiden.
I remember trying Iron Maiden and hearing "Run to the hills". They looked like a bunch of country rednecks, they sounded like that and their frontman looked like a girl. Nothing really heavy about it.

And what, is he supposed to be ashamed SlipKnot are a diverse band that can also make slow, beautiful songs? If you think Snuff by them is mellow, listen to Danger-Keep Away also by SlipKnot and Hold On by Limp Bizkit. I'm proud to listen to bands that are so diverse, not ashamed. And I don't have needs to prove myself brutal to anybody cause I'm not a poser and cause you don't become brutal by making a certain type of music.