Music Banter - View Single Post - Slipknot much better than all
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #101 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
I remember trying Iron Maiden and hearing "Run to the hills". They looked like a bunch of country rednecks, they sounded like that and their frontman looked like a girl. Nothing really heavy about it.
It was heavy for 1982, you can't compare heavy back then by today's standards. If you think Bruce Dickinson looked like a girl, your musical knowledge from that time period is limited. If you think that they looked like country rednecks, then about 75% of metal bands from that time period probably looked similiar.

It seems like every troll that hits the metal threads, always uses a nu-metal band or some such band to troll with. At least try and use somebody like Linkin Park, they're even worse than Slipknot and then we could have an even bigger laugh at you.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History