Music Banter - View Single Post - My Music Journal (and many other things)
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #69 (permalink)
Key

Dreamland

Another pretty fantastic album. It's still taking a little while for his solo albums to sink in because of what i'm expecting to hear from him having listened to Zeppelin prior. This album actually has a lot of the characteristics that I heard with Led Zeppelin, which isn't really bad, just a bit more comforting and familiar. When I looked up the album, I saw that One More Cup of Coffee was performed with Bob Dylan, and when I heard it, it was more than incredible, easily one of the best songs i've heard of Robert Plant's so far. I wouldn't say this is one of my favorite albums that I've heard of his right now, but that could change as I listen to his other albums. The reason I decided to create such a gap between the last album and this album in terms of years, is to see the difference in sound, and i'm finding that i'm enjoying his earlier 80's era much more than the post-millennium albums. I'm actually giving Now and Zen a listen right now, so that'll be receiving a review very soon.