Music Banter - View Single Post - Slipknot much better than all
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #107 (permalink)
MyName
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
"Light country metal" has to be one of the most ridiculous statements ever made on here. You do realize that Iron Maiden are a London based band and about as far removed from country as Abba were from punk?

I never realized that rednecks where you live wear leather, denim and chains. Must be fun seeing things from a country boy's point of view, hope you stick around and thrill us with your hick perspective on music.
Their vocal and instrumental style kind of reminds me of country cause its so dated. I did make a mistake when I said they look like rednecks. I was wrong. Chains, leather, feminine hair... they actually remind me of S&M whores

wiggums most bands and music I listen to is from nineties/early 2000s, not present.

Urban Hatemonger ? - That's the problem. I don't think there are lesser or better music tastes, but pretentious, arrogant, snobbish elitists disagree and have to constantly mock other people just to make their egos bigger. Some may ignore it or not care about it, but I'm sick and tired of it so I insult back which kind of descends me to their level but at least there is a chance some of them will stop being *******s.

I'm not really a fanboy of any band, I'm well aware that Durst's singing and rapping at some points fails utterly but Wes Borlands riffs mostly make up for it IMO.

And I listen to many more bands and artists and not only from rock&metal, though I have only 2-3 songs from some. But bands I'm very familiar with are: Black Eyed Peas, Bloodhound Gang, Deftones, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Eminem, Haji's Kitchen, KoRn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Nirvana, Pantera, Nirvana, SlipKnot, SoaD, Weird Al Yankovic. Though I don't listen to all of them anymore.

And I did try many bands from different era, including as some mentioned Black Sabbath but I found Ozzy's voice very annoying and screechy.