Music Banter - View Single Post - Thoughts From A Music Major
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

After having abandoned this journal for quite a while, I've decided to make a post. I left it for several reasons:

1) I was working 40 hours a week steadily over my summer holidays, from May through August. Yes, I was visiting Music Banter throughout the day but only to make short posts. Then I would get home and be too exhausted to think of any possible journal entries.

2) I started school again in September and this year, I am busier and spending more time doing school work than I ever have before, in my entire academic career.

3) I was still unsure of whether people would read it regularly. I didn't want to commit the time and effort into something that may not have been read by other people. I didn't think people would be interested in what I had to say, or that everything might be "TL; DR" to them.

4) I have a real life with important things going on.

But now, I'm done with my first term final exam (I only had one this time around – the other classes I had continue into next term, along with a couple of new courses), and I have officially been on Christmas holiday break since December 13th (although the last full day of class for me was November 29th, so I've had plenty of time off of school. I've just been working). I don't go back to school again until January 7th, and my last full day of work is tomorrow. So I will have some time to come back and write a bit, hopefully.

Lately I have been thinking about music that represents or maybe reflects my life at the moment. I'll share one of those thoughts with you now:

"You're My Best Friend" by Queen is a good representation of my relationship at the moment. It's absolutely cheesy, I think, but it's so true. Danijel is my very best friend and I think he even knows me better than I know myself.

Speaking of Dan - since I have known him, he has introduced me to some crazy Serbian music that he likes to listen to sometimes. I'll talk about some of it another time, though.

I've also been really getting into musicals over the last year, ever since I was a pit band member for the school show choir, playing bass guitar. Show tunes encompass all kinds of emotions – joy, happiness, sadness, despair, anger, love, lust… For every possible human emotion, there is a Broadway song to represent it. I'll talk about some of those songs next time as well.

I think that's all I will write for now. I just wanted to breathe some life back into my own thread.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote