Music Banter - View Single Post - Children killed in Connecticut school shooting (likely 27 dead,including 18 children)
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #228 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
I think it may have been discussed more if the person who posted it hadn't just posted the link, and had in fact elaborated on their own view of the article in question.

Regardless, I read the article, and much of it is very true and very correct. I probably would have responded to it, but I made the mistake of reading the comments, and one person dismissing the entire concept of mental illness. As someone whose family works with the disabled, who has disabled family, and who has friends and family who have suffered, in some cases quite badly, from mental illness, this resulted in me doing something I practically never, ever do, which was to be genuinely angry at something on the internet. As hard as it may be to believe, as heated as I may get in a discussion, I am almost never, ever actually annoyed in a real and tangible sense. However dismissing the entire concept of mental illness as mental weakness, rather sets me off.

Ergo I relieved my frustrations over an IM with someone rather than rage at the empty, soulless void of the wider internet. So, sorry, that meant I didn't write about it in this thread. But maybe someone else would have, if you'd added even a single word of your own ("Thoughts?") in order to start the discussion.
Yes maybe if I wasn't such a lazy **** and had given my opinion on it, someone then might have ignored the pissing match over a video that was off-topic and unrelated.

Except that my posts prior were related to the topic I posted a link about.