Music Banter - View Single Post - A piano question. Opinions strongly welcomed.
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
nariette
Groupie

Don't apologise, I love stories. Oh I hate fisherman's friend! I tasted one when I was little and I nearly threw up my stomach. bad memory lane.

I wasn't amused at all when my voice changed, all girls had high voices and I had a low voice, all kids want to be like how the others are, and not be different. Well, in the end maybe you should be glad that you had your voice change, because In switzerland, they used to castrate young boys in the choir so their voices wouldn't change.

I played as a child, I think I learned how to read notes before I learned how to read words. I only started really playing when I was 9 years old, and quit when I was 12 years old, i thought it was boring, I only played the blues you get in those childeren books. A year ago I started playing again, with classical this time. I make really fast prgress, I started the nocturnes from Chopin recently (difficult pieces, but I'm managing), and if it goes on like this, I will probably be able to get into the conservatory.
nariette is offline   Reply With Quote