Music Banter - View Single Post - Has music become stagnant (stopped moving/evolving)?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #193 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopsych View Post
Yes, that's the argument. Also, I didn't say it is official policy for moderators here to welcome new members, but it might as well be - whoever is best suited for it, not every mod doing it. To split hairs, other than maybe the admin, moderators usually are volunteers, but volunteers essentially are unpaid employees and have employee obligations.
"employee obligations"
I'm not say it should be the official policy for the moderators, but besides your suggestion of welcoming new members they should also keep the discussions on track. I understand how this off topic discussion evolved, but what happen to talking about the evolution of music? I've been on froums that would in no way tolerate off topic discussion or questioning the actions of mods. This site seems a lot more laid back in that respect. You should be happy about that and switch back to the topic.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote