Music Banter - View Single Post - Slipknot much better than all
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:15 AM   #134 (permalink)
VocalandDrumGeorge
Groupie

I'm a strong slipknot fan and i think you're missing the point and i think this post doesn't quite hit the points that it should.
What i think of slipknot is they were a 9 piece band now 8 due to Paul Gray losing his life, but they were able to pull together to make some music that they didn't really care what other people thought about them, their first album is an album full of hate, anger and pain, and their second album Iowa is just as dark and twisted as the first.

As for the comment brutality like this and referring to snuff, i think the brutality of that song is the image and story it gives off, considering Corey actually broke down while filming the video i think it shows that they do put a-lot of effort and passion into everything. That's the real power, brutality and truth about it.

Slipknot are my favorite band, but you have to leave it to other people opinions. You can;t say some of those bands are "pussy metal" when they are some of Slipknots influences. Don't slate other bands. If you don't like them fair enough, i'm not a fan of them but it's still music that a load of people enjoy listening too so you just need to understand that to someone else "power and brutality" might just be something different.

Stay (SIC)