Music Banter - View Single Post - Slipknot much better than all
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #141 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
But my main point still stays, and that is that people should stop being judgmental, pretentious posers and just listen to music they like while letting others listen to what they like without insulting them.
I listen to Lady GaGa and Britney Spears without any sense of shame or guilt simply because they are catchier than Herpes. I still listen to my copy of The Fame Monster on a regular basis. I am not pretentious or a snob, but I still think that nu metal sucks.

Quote:
Friendly recommending music you like to someone if fine, but saying "zomfg that **** you listen to sucks, listen to what I listen or you're be regarded as a (insert insults)" only makes you look like a douchebag and certainly won't have that someone accepting your recommendations.
We hold friendly discussions about plenty of music that isn't snobbish that doesn't devolve into this shitfest. Just look at the Motley Crue thread. The only new elements to this thread are you and PowerPunisher, which leads me to believe that the poisonous elements are you two. Not us.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.