Music Banter - View Single Post - Famous Musicians You Respect as People
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #85 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Really...? I don't think that Marilyn ... is the only one. Any Joe Bloggs that says "we live in a ****ed up world" I think already knows "the paradox that is society." I don't think that is unique to Marilyn... And to think about it honestly how can an artist who takes half his name from a criminal who wanted to start an apocalyptic race war garner any respect is beyond me. I'm not talking about you personally, I'm talking about Marilyn... himself and his fans.
i pretty much agree with most of that. let's just say he does most of the crazy sh*t he does to garner attention. if this is the case, not only was he successful, but he's used it as a doorway to very articulately address issues that he thinks are important. if you've ever watched any of his interviews, you'll probably believe me when i say that i don't derive my respect for him solely on his knowledge of the world being f*cked up. you are right in saying that most people would agree with the paradoxical state of society. to root out the causes and extrapolate on alternative ways of approaching one's perception to the effect that one can understand is an entirely different matter; one that marilyn manson has done some serious thinking about.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote