Music Banter - View Single Post - Famous Musicians You Respect as People
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #86 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopsych View Post
I'd rather not put a virtual dunce cap on people nice enough to post here. Oh, you just meant your post. Of that list, I'd say Immortal Technique and Ben Howard don't meet the criteria. I've never heard them, and I am guessing they have never been on standard American MTV or American radio.
first of all, no offense to america, but it's not exactly known to the rest of the world as a mecca of culture, and music is a massive part of culture around the world.

second of all, good luck finding anyone even remotely aware of what's going on in the contemporary world of hip hop who doesn't know immortal technique.

third, no offense, but thank god for the internet, and its ability to hinder mass media's ability to force feed us what garbage they have been since its inception.

fourth, ben howard is huge in the UK.

fifth, 'famous' is a ridiculous term. it has nothing to do with artistic or personal merit the majority of the time, and the lines by which it is drawn have been blurred due to the fact that, generally speaking, people don't stock the charts with veritable information anymore because music can be attained by other means than going to the record store and purchasing a traceable object.

and lastly, if you stop trying to control things, you not only might have a way better time, you might learn something... like who one of the best hip hop artists to ever live is.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote