Music Banter - View Single Post - Famous Musicians You Respect as People
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #99 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by zevokes View Post
first of all, no offense to america, but it's not exactly known to the rest of the world as a mecca of culture, and music is a massive part of culture around the world.
I always thought that Paris, London and Rome were the trifecta of mecca. Then with the addition of New York that would make it the superfecta of mecca.

I think to understand America one has to know and appreciate the contributions of different people and groups that make up America. I think it wouldn't be right to either underestimate or overblown to an extreme America's contributions to arts music and culture - not that it's all perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopsych View Post
If you're going to take shots at me, get out of my thread.
Please remember that members probably aren't as hostile as they seem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
well if you're only referring to that, then i'll agree with you but most of his comments have been pretty trollish in nature so i don't give them much value.

there's a lot of **** that comes out of America, but it's also responsible for countless contributions to artistic medium. would Country, Blues, Jazz, Rock n' roll, and Rap exist without America? Can't say for certain, but it certainly does exist because of America.
I think some type of Country would exist hypothetically if there wasn't an America. The majority of influences that make up Country and American Folk music comes from the British Isles, Western Europe and Scandanvia.

I was going to say music like Rock n Roll, Punk, Alt-Rock, Blues, Jazz, Funk, Soul, and hip hop are definitely America artforms. And things like Metal are also dependant on America.

Techno and Electronic kinda depend on Russia and Germany because of inventors like Lev Sergeyevich Termen and bands like Kraftwerk they were the ones who pioneered electronic instruments and music.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote