Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #5367 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

So, Journey was incredible. Definitely something you have to experience if you've got a PS3. Time flew by when I was playing it, and it only took me an hour and a half to two hours tops, but it was unbelievably fulfilling. Honestly, I didn't know what the hell was going on half the time and the game gives you pretty much no real direction, but I think that made it even better.

I enjoyed the anonymous companion thing SO much more than I thought I would, and it had to be the best thing about the game. There was a particular point in the game where it was really apparent:

Spoiler for Spoilers:
The second last "level" where you're hiking up the mountain, you actually have to rely on the other person to help to boost you up through the snowstorm, and vice versa. It's by far the longest portion of the game, and there's a particular point where you have to cross a wide open plain being watched over by a giant monster with no cover but some small rocks to hide under. It actually got pretty nerve racking, but it was cool to go through it with some other player. The ending of that portion when both characters start dying down was very memorable as well.

As for replay value, I'm not really sure that it provides much. I know that going through it again would not be anywhere near the same experience, but I do think that I could still enjoy it. Either way though, it's $15 Canadian, and that's not much more than it is to go to a movie theatre here. I know that I got a lot more out of this than pretty much any movie.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote