Music Banter - View Single Post - Children killed in Connecticut school shooting (likely 27 dead,including 18 children)
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #247 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
So your argument is that the risk of having armed individuals protecting innocent civilians causing a hostile, unfriendly environment is greater and more pressing than the risk of those innocent civilians not having someone there to protect them should a guy do what Lanza did.

Let me know if I calculated this wrong.
I don't see a guy like Lanza getting his hands on a gun with the kind of policy that Great Britain has. He stole the weapons from his mother, who had them legally, let's not forget.

Quote:
Because taking a chance on policy that affects one culture, population and demographic and simply applying it to another completely different scenario is ridiculous and misguided.
If you wanna make comparisons without any regard to the differences in the culture and population, then let's just arbitrarily throw Mexico's gun laws into the discussion and let you try to explain that away...
Mexican criminals get the majority of their weapons from the U.S. because they have strict gun control laws. If we were to enact stricter laws, it could potentially bring down violent crime in the U.S. AND Mexico.

All that said, I still haven't read through your novel of a post earlier. I'm a little drunk and think I may wanna be a bit more lucid when I speak on it.