Music Banter - View Single Post - Children killed in Connecticut school shooting (likely 27 dead,including 18 children)
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #283 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Not sure how you arrived at this whole conclusion based on MK Ultra. If your point is that government is shady, I'll agree with that on the spot. But if your point is that shady government is to blame in this scenario, I simply ask what evidence you have to support that assertion, or at the very least, do you have some sort of compelling argument that extends beyond the fact that, at some point in our past, we (quite erroneously and without result) attempted to control the minds of another country.
I mean... dude, I dunno if you've ever done LSD before, but it's not that effective at controlling anything at all. I'll tell you what is effective at controlling minds.... News media. TV commercials. Mass media in general. Societal trend. Etc.
The telling thing about that is those whose minds are actually directed by that crap are the very ones who will stand up first to deny it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with aggregating information, but do you really think the majority of people are weighing all available information prior to making decisions and forming opinions, or are you wise to the fact that the large majority of them are simply reiterating what they heard from a source that appeals to their sensibilities?

If you can't answer that, you haven't been living in "this" world for very long.
i don't have an argument that would stand up in court, if that's what you're asking. i've basically taken a year off of doing any research into this kind of stuff because (on top of being busy as hell) i don't really need to know any more to affirm that there are a group of malevolent string-pullers making the world entirely f*cked up. i say this because providing evidence would take some time, and i don't really want to get into it. but i've done enough reading and searching and finding to have come to this conclusion without the aid of mass media. apparently there is a doc out about the shooter in the batman killings though. i was explaining my viewpoint on the lack of reasoning behind these massacres the other day and was told that i should watch it, because it's apparently based entirely on the exact same logic that i arrived at myself. the guy has no recollection of doing what he did. he had no reason to do it. and unlike the recent school shooting, he didn't even kill himself. the people that do these things have no reason to do it. there is the argument that they are just severely depressed and rather than going out as a lonely nobody and blowing your own brains out, it means more to the world when you make a big deal about it; a logic which has ties to the sensationalized nature of events like these in the news media. i call that valid, but also note that when they kill themselves - which can be part of their programming - there is no one left to interview. have you ever seen an interview with the batman killer? didn't think so. and i bet it's a lot of work to keep reporters away from him.

i'm not saying that i think there are no sick people in the world. take charles manson for example. this guy is clearly messed up. and the news media are unrestricted in displaying that to the world. he's also extremely intelligent, and that combined with his sickness has lead to what he genuinely believes are sound motives for his actions. again, because he is truly sick, the media is free to exploit it to the people of the world. no such thing is happening with the current slew of mass killers.

as far as lsd goes, i'm not saying that i think what's going on here is directly related to using it as a tool to control people. like i said, it's been quite some time since i've immersed myself in this type of stuff. i brought up mk ultra because it was essentially the touchstone for the US governments' experiments in mind control. of course i'm aware of edward bernays (freud's nephew) and his huge influence on the actions of the mad men via mass psychology. i also know a lot about the Nazi party's minister of propaganda joseph goebbels. shaping public opinion is a big f*ckin deal. but to paraphrase your statement freebase, in shaping that public opinion you give people a sense that their opinions are their own. this can serve as a distraction to a great degree of efficacy, especially when you give them things to argue about.

so basically, i don't think lsd has any direct correlation with that what's going on here. perhaps mk ultra was the wrong tag line for what i'm trying to get at. "machurian candidate" is likely more apt. and no, i've never seen the movie.

Last edited by P A N; 12-22-2012 at 09:50 AM.