Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #18692 (permalink)
Chives
Music Addict

I'm up in Seattle to celebrate Christmas with the family, but I had plenty of time to sneak off to the record stores.

John Fahey vinyl box set. It collects his first six albums (the rerecorded versions of the first two albums, though). I had been trying to figure out how I wanted to start buying Fahey albums, since some of them are quite pricey for nice copies on vinyl, so this simplified things significantly. I had never heard of this set before I saw it today, though, but it is by the label 4 Men With Beards which I've had great experiences with in the past. Has plenty of booklet inserts, some extra liner notes, and cute extras like a photograph and a t-shirt. Really excited to get home and listen to it.

Been searching for the "Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar" 3-LP box for quite some time now, so I was really glad to find it today. Some quality Zappa, from what I remember.

I've been listening to a lot of albums from 2012 that you guys have been recommending, and this is the one I decided to get (might get Melody's Echo Chamber later though). Second Godspeed You! Black Emperor album I've bought, although I still want to get a copy of F#A#∞.