Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012 a reflection....in 17 Movements
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

6. Swans - The Seer

in late 2009 when Michael Gira went online and wrote 4 words "Swans Are NOT dead." i flipped my lid....Swans have been one of the few bands that i've consistently been into since the grist time i heard them...and nothing in my mind could be better than a Swans reunion....at first i was a little put off that Jarboe would not be included but felt really it had to be Michael and Norm...the album gets released and man was i upset....it's not that it was a bad album it just did not feel like a Swans album at all....but rather a nosier Angels of Light....so thank the Gods for The Seer....this is what i wanted out of My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky....it seems to me that Swans throughout their career have managed to always progress with their albums....and Soundtrack was such a fitting end to them....but The seer is such an immaculate rebirth....and much like Soundtracks i don't think i will ever not listen to this album without starting on disc one track one and taking the time to be blanketed by it

Top Tracks
A Piece Of The Sky
Mother Of The World

7. Sabbath Assembly - Ye Are Gods

AS IT IS

when it was announced earlier this year that Sabbath Assembly would record another album my first thought was "well here is my album of the year"....so why at 7?

2 reasons

1. it is much more serious than "Restored To One"
2. no Jex Thoth

so basically the concept behind this band is to cover the hymns of The Process Church Of Final Judgement....for anybody here who has taken any interest in me....you already know i have been obsessed with this doomsday cult of the 60s for well over 20 years now and only within the last 5 years has a floodgate of information about them entered the world
so their first album was amazing and really groovy religious psychedelic rock....this one is much more structured like an actual Sabbath Assembly....with even the inclusion of a high Priest/ess (Genesis P-Orridge)....the songs here are much darker and toned down....it's not that this is a bad thing at all....and in all honest i love it.....but the general feel for this album is a bit different from their first album....this one is a must for anybody who has ever had interest in the occult and or the concepts of duality
even when i read that Jex Thoth was not doing to be a part of this album....i was quite fine with it...and please don't get me wrong Jamie Myers has a beautiful and haunting voice and is excellent on this album....and i think that her vocals are a major reason why i would say that the track "Exit" is by far my top track for the year....but i came to the realization that i have a major crush on Jex Thoth....and it's hard to get over

if you were to pick any of the albums i review here to look into i suggest this one....and also their first album....this band is amazing and i truly hope they continue

Top Tracks
Exit
The Love of the Gods

SO BE IT
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote