Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #18698 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Highlights from my Dollar Used Bin fun...

The Blasters -S/T
Great album!

Cheap Trick- Dream Police and Heaven Tonight
What more can be said? Classics!

The Cars - Panorama
Just having the title track in my collection is good enough, but the album is pretty damn good. Brought back a lot of memories!

Midnight Oil - Red Sails in the Sunset
Brought back some nice post-High School memories.

Golden Earring - Switch
Nothing too much to get seriously excited about expect for one song, the melodramatic "Kill Me (Ce Soir)" although it was nice to hear more songs from a band that was not known for more than two on my side of the Atlantic.

Divinyls - Temperamental
Produced by Mike Chapman, this is decent enough Pop Rock. It's the album before the one with "I Touch Myself". Catchy on most songs!

Tommy James and the Shondells - Travelin'
A fine Tommy James album that's a little better than Crimson and Clover, more getting down to good Power Pop and with a couple of songs that tried to get into the heavy sounds of the day.

Mink DeVille - Coup de Grace
Their Atlantic debut, mainly co-produced by Jack Nitzsche.

Aldo Nova - S/T
"Fantasy" is prime 80's cheese, so I wanted to hear if the rest of it was like that.

George Harrison - Gone Troppo
Maybe not his best...far from it...but it was bought for at least "Dream Away" from Time Bandits, one of my better movie-going experiences as a kid,

Andy Bown - Gone to my Head
Peter Frampton is on this, so I took a chance. Singer/Songwriter stuff, but for the Mid 70's, it's OK. Might take a couple of spins.

Black Rose - S/T
Cher's Rock album with Les Dudek (who also has a number of albums in the Dollar bin). I have memories of seeing them on some Late Night TV show, so this was given a home. 1980. Ready for to be reviewed for the Cut Out Conscience blog I have been planning.
(Note: I also saw a Cassette of Cher's 1982 album I Paralyze, but due to a lack of a player, my Early 80's Post-Disco Cher Nightmare...er, Experience will only have to be with this album)

Black Oak Arkansas - Keep the Faith
More Down Home Southern "Raunch 'n' Roll" that has a well done front cover and a hilarious back (with Astrological signs, maaaaaaan!)
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote