Music Banter - View Single Post - I bet nobody can find me the perfect band
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #26 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_So_Nerdy View Post
I believe I've hit the metaphorical wall as to the music I can possibly listen to, which is why I'm seeking out help to discover new bands.

You may be able to suggest something that may seem easy, but I am very picky and have sought out many bands and have simply not been able to re-discover a "favorite song" or band. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
The issue here is not the music or the bands but the attitude with which you approach those bands and their music. Why would anyone truly bother trying to find you a 'perfect' band to listen to? What makes you so great that we should be the ones making our cases to be the provider of new sounds for your divine ears?

-YOU- are the one who backed themselves into a corner with this misguided belief that you had actually heard and identified objective perfection.

Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_So_Nerdy View Post
It's because most people I know consider Linkin Park to be the new Nickelback, and not many people now find it "cool" to listen to Linkin Park these days.
... when the hell was this?

Really though, if you want to find new music you need to do the digging for yourself otherwise it's never really going to amount to the same since you're essentially asking other people to do the heavy lifting for you.

Do you still ask your mom to do the airplane thing with a spoonful of food? Because right now, you're asking us to do the airplane thing with a spoonful of tunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,