Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #5390 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Really? I found the gameplay to be loads of fun but by god is the story ever painful. One goal that has constantly moved on by the time you reach it is not the way to keep me invested. I mean for the money, art style, and non intrusive DRM I think Torchlight II is a great game, but the story just bugged me and eventually made me stop playing. Then again it's been months since I've touched Diablo III so I dunno what that says about that game.

Anyhow I finally bought an internal hard drive for my Xbox 360 and started playing this little wonder.

The Walking Dead by TellTale Games

It's been winning a lot of awards lately and for good reason, this is one of the most compelling games I have ever played that actually manages to do do the whole "moral choice" system right, by dropping the whole "moral" part. The game is nothing but shades of grey, with your actions affecting characters you really grow to love, particularly the female lead, Clemintine, an 8-year old girl who is probably one of the best fictional child characters. She's headstrong, resourceful, hopeful, and you feel compelled to protect her, no matter what cost. It's also one of the few games that has actually made me cry, with a stellar cast of characters and interpersonal conflicts it's a shining testament to what the medium is capable of and deserves every award it gets. Do not miss this one.

If my little review did convince you to buy it, DO NOT buy the retail copy in stores, it's poorly optimized and the lag will make the game virtually unplayable because of the nature of the quick-time event action pieces.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote