Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #8989 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Groove View Post
Looking at the album cover, knowing what you told me, makes the album sound exactly what it looks like. If that makes sense to you
I know exactly what you mean, actually. I think as far as how a musical vibe and artwork can go hand in hand, HTTT nails it better than any of their other albums.

As for me, I just got this bad boy for Christmas and am currently plowing through the 3 discs of rarities:

I am a sucker and will buy anything the Smashing Pumpkins try to sell me. Luckily, Billy has been really treating the fans...the artwork is beautiful (including early concept sketches and stuff that didn't make it to the actual album), really intriguing liner notes (apparently the reason James stopped contributing as much original work for SP after the MCIS era is because he felt slighted that Take Me Down was relegated to the end of Dawn to Dusk), and a truly great remastering of the album. Yes, I am the obsessive type that will listen to the original vs the remastering. While the Siamese Dream remastering was noticeably better, it wasn't such a big deal since every song had about 1000 overdubbed guitars. There are a lot more dynamics on MCIS and they really stand out now. Overall, the mix just sounds completely balanced.

I can't wait for the Aeroplane Flies High reissue now.

Edit: Does the top left of that cover look like cherubs riding condoms to anyone else?