Music Banter - View Single Post - In my 20's & a problem: I LOVE classic rock, I just don't know where to discover more
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 05:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Oh man! Where to start? Classic rock, eh? Well, based in your love of Journey I'd suggest other AOR acts such as
Foreigner
Toto
Night Ranger
Bon Jovi
Bad English
Asia
FM
Europe
Boston

Then there are the classics:
Rainbow
Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Iron Maiden
Dio
Springsteen
Neil Young
Bowie
Fleetwood Mac
Lizzy

and for a little more relaxed perhaps try
Alan Parsons Project
Eagles
Gerry Rafferty
Bob Seger

Just so many. You probably need to tailor your interests a little because Classic Rock covers a huge spectrum of artists, however of course there's nothing wrong with expanding beyond that, as there is a massive amount of music outside of CR. What about progressive rock? Marillion, Genesis, Rush, Arena, Yes, ELP etc. Or Pomp Rock? Magnum, Kansas, Styx etc?

Hope that helps...

Edit: seek ye out a wise oracle who goes by the name of "Unknown Soldier", who is a total guru on hard rock AOR and classic rock, and also "Anteater", who is another swami. You'll find their journals in the, er, journal section, where if you read through them you will probably find plenty of suggestions. But try talking to them also (leave a comment or send a PM): people are always ready to spread their knowledge and love of bands and to help out.