Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #3958 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Sorry but I don't agree (and yes, I AM a member of ABU, despite having RVP in my FFL side!) --- ANY other manager who had thrown his toys out of the pram like that -- twice: he even kept going after half time! --- would not only have been sent to the stands but possibly punished further, but Fergie gets away with it because he's Fergie. Can you honestly see Mancini or AVP, or Lambert or Redknapp getting away with that?
I believe I've already addressed this point. He doesn't get away with it.
He's had countless touchline bans and been disciplined by the F.A. on numerous occasions.
And he'll probably get another one following the incident you refer to.

Quote:
The refs are afraid of him, afraid of the power of United, and it's totally wrong. It's why so few penalties are awarded against them at home and why they get so much extra time.
If they are so afraid of him, how come the goal wasn't disallowed. Make your mind up. Honestly, if they were so afraid of him he wouldn't have to rant as much as he does. You can't have it both ways!

On penalties awarded...My Football Facts & Stats | Premier League | Penalty Statistics
Google really is your friend, or in your case...your enemy? Hope this puts your mind at rest?

As for "Fergie time". This phrase was coined following the Champions League final of 99 when United reversed a 1-0 deficit to Bayern Munich in injury time. Of which there was only 3 minutes awarded btw!
Since then United have made a habit of scoring late winners in injury time. So what?

Quote:
I can't quote examples, and I'm sure you'd refute them RT if they're wrong -- I don't have that sort of brain for footballing trivia that remembers the score from the '94 FA Cup semi-final or whatever, so I couldn't back any claims up --- but in watching Man U play it's obvious that they get more extra time than any other team (so much so that they coined the term "Fergie time") and it's only ever when they're in danger of losing or drawing an important game. That can't be coincidence. And then Ferguson moans when it happens to him, the odd time. Can't stand the man.
Maybe it's called Fergie time because the opposition think they are not allowed to score in this period??? Now there's a novel idea, huh?
Or should the match end after 80 minutes to give the others a chance, perhaps?

Quote:
He's a great tactician, certainly, but a man of his age and experience should be setting a better example, even for younger managers but if not then for kids, many of whom idolise him. That sort of behaviour is unbecoming, unacceptable and should not go unpunished.

But of course it will. Cos he's Fergie.
Like I said. He probably will be.

Keep sucking the lemons.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote