Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #3959 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Referee Kevin Friend also came in for some flak from Mancini for failing to spot a blatant foul on Pablo Zabaleta in the build-up to Adam Johnson’s winning goal.

“I am unhappy because of the referee, like in the last three or four games.

“I don’t know what they have against us. It is impossible for the referee not to see what happened with Zaba,” he said.

“Then he gave two yellow cards at the end of the first half, to Vinny and Yaya, for a foul that was not a foul.

“After that it makes it more difficult to play with a yellow card against your name.

“Maybe he ate too much for Christmas and was not on good form.” Manchester Evening News

Compared with;

Ferguson hit with FA fine and ban

Ferguson launched a stinging attack on Wiley's fitness on 3 October
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has received a two-match touchline ban for his comments about referee Alan Wiley's fitness.
The Football Association handed the 67-year-old a four-game ban, with two of those suspended until the end of the 2010/11 season.
Ferguson has also been fined £20,000 and warned about his future conduct.
He made disparaging remarks about Wiley's fitness after his side's 2-2 draw with Sunderland on 3 October.
Ferguson apologised to the official for any embarrassment caused and pleaded guilty to the FA's charge of improper conduct, but requested a personal hearing.
Peter Griffiths QC, chairman of the FA's four-man regulatory commission, said: "Each member of the commission recognised Sir Alex Ferguson's achievements and stature within the game.
"Having said that, it was made clear to Sir Alex that with such stature comes increased responsibilities. BBC SPORT 2009

Will Mancini receive a similar punishment for the same thing?
I think not!
If anything, Ferguson got his punishment for his stature in the game.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote