Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #3967 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Anyway, I'm just bitter cos I support a **** side who are heading towards the 11:50 slot on BBC next season!
And I'm old and crotchety...
At least you're honest and it saves me making my final point about ABU's.

I'm old enough to remember well the day Fergie took over at United. And over the years have realised not to complain about his judgement. Team selections etc.
Not only that, but also to never to believe a word he says.
There's method in his madness. Like playing both Scholes and Giggs in the same team V. Newcastle. Just about every United fan I know shook their head in disbelief.
There's a reason United win so many games in the late minutes. It's the belief and trust he has in all his players.
I don't even believe Rooney has an injury which puts him out for 3 weeks. I think he's being rested and the injury story is to avoid any rumour of a bust up with the manager that happened this time last year over his transfer request.
United don't have the strength in depth that teams like City and Chelsea have. City being United's closest rivals to the title as I type and with United playing on two fronts. The Premier and Champions League, he has to rotate with what he has.
Fergie takes calculated gambles with his selections and I believe this is what makes him better than all the rest. Let City and Chelsea play their strongest team week in, week out. We'll see who's still running strong by the end of the season.
Doesn't always work out, but more often than not, it does.
Don't believe me...look at Wenger with Arsenal and tell me they don't collapse every season around about March. On all fronts too.

Oh and no charges are to be brought against Ferguson. Referee Dean says he wasn't abusive. Didn't even make the match report.
Guilty of being a passionate manager, unless you believe the papers and the legions of green eyed ABU's.

Edit: I failed at not having to make my point :/

Last edited by right-track; 12-27-2012 at 01:55 PM.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote